Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This is a blog made in hope and with more than a bit of anxiety.

As of three months ago, I made a decision to try to become pregnant. I am many things that make people say, "maybe you shouldn't do this. Maybe you should wait." I am poor. I am fat. I am a college student (though a non-traditional student, at age 24). I am married, but polyamorous.

And this blog is for my journey, however long or short it may be. It will, with a little luck, culminate in something I have not yet seen online: a liveblogging of an unassisted, natural home birth.

If you have questions about unassisted birth, feel free to ask. I hope that this will be a learning experience both for myself and for those women (or men) reading this blog and questioning their own preconceptions about conception, pregnancy, and birth.

Let us begin.

No comments: